Kindermusik has brought the unparalleled benefits of music education to private music studios around the world, delighting both children and parents with our creative and developmentally appropriate musical activities for over 35 years. Kindermusik@School, our research-based program designed especially for schools, brings the same benefits of music education to the classroom. Easy-to-implement lessons help teachers meet the needs of every child at each of five developmental levels. Each lesson fosters whole-child development, builds school readiness, and introduces the joy and power of music into virtually any early childhood learning setting.
And Kindermusik@School is effective: results from a recent independent research study showed that preschoolers who participated in a Kindermusik@School curriculum for as little as 30 minutes each week showed a 32% greater gain in early language and literacy skills than the control group.
The Kindermusik@School curricula align with standards for high-quality early childhood education, including: Common Core State Standards, Head Start and Early Head Start Standards and Frameworks, the Infant/Toddler Environment Rating Scale (ITERS), the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ETERS), and the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS®) Pillars.
What a Child Will Experience in Class:
- Songs and rhymes to develop phonetic awareness and early reading skills
- Tapping, clacking, and ringing rhythm instruments in time with music to improve hand-eye coordination
- Focused listening with music to improve skills in following directions
- Instrument play to strengthen fine motor skills
- Developmentally-appropriate songs to develop vocal chords and expressive speech
- Learning that emphasizes storytelling, imaginative play, and taking turns